Tuesday, October 02, 2007

on hubby's new work

I am a bit weary today :( It is fiance's first day in Lipa, Batangas. He was assigned to a new position in their office and he will be working in their Lipa site for the next 9-12 months. It is actually his first time to leave home so I am a bit worried even if I know that he can handle himself very well. He has a free housing for the next two weeks and he will be staying at the staff house provided by his office. He called this morning and said that the house is really big and that he was by himself :( I was actually teasing him that he is scared of "mumu" but truth is I am very uncomfortable to hear about that, I just pray that he gets a restful sleep today. This is really a big sacrifice for him. I was initially unhappy about his company's offer but I know he is positive about this promotion and that he has good plans for our future family so I am just here to support him on that. We had to sit down and talk about the set-up though. This is not easy for me because I am never a fan of long distance relationships as I value both quantity and quality time so much. The maximum time that I allowed him to work far is one year and I told him to work on a transfer back to Manila and he agreed. This promotion/transfer is just his initial step for a better and more fulfilling position in their company. I trust him on that.

I hope I can go with with him next week to help him find a place or a room to rent. The adjustment is really a big sacrifice for him. I know how much he is used to his sleeping in his room, his bed and everything else inside his comfort zone. Lipa, Batangas is just a two-hour drive from Manila but I don't want him to risk driving back to Manila everyday especially he will be working graveyard. So we decided that he get a small room for himself where he can sleep during daytime and take a shower. He plans to go home Wednesdays and weekends.

I just pray that things will work out and that this is just a phase in our life that we have to go through. I don't want him far from home- this is what my heart honestly feels, but I don't want to be selfish nor I don't want to be a hindrance to his career plans neither.
This is definitely not easy for us both especially that we are supposedly just about to be starting our life together. Nonetheless, I am here to support and guide him. I know God has plans for him, for us and for our future life together.

1 comment:

M0rN1nG & N!cE said...

hey Tin! JP is very fortunate to have a very supportive partner. :)

N!cE
www.nicemorning.net