Tuesday, June 30, 2009

feeding bottles


Ok, call me anxious and all but I am really going crazy and gaga over all these BPA issues that's been circulating the net for months now. A mommy friend of me and hubby sent us a post few weeks back which resulted to me changing my feeding bottle preference from one brand to another. As parents, Jp and I would want what's best for our kids of course.

Prior to all the BPA issues, we already ordered Avent feeding bottles from a relative in the US. We've heard so many good reviews and feedback from close family and friends who used these for their babies and kiddos - so it was really frustrating to hear negative notes about Avent containing Bisphenol A - in their clear bottles. We went to check Baby and Co. for their BPA free Avent bottles (honey-colored) but the price is outrageous!



I had to look for other options- feeding bottle that is cheaper but not compromising b. boy's safety and health of course. I learned about Tommee Tippee BPA- free bottles. I like their Closer to Nature set. Very very clean and the teat designed to mimic the natural flex and feel of a mum's breast. This is perfect for mommies like me who will be breastfeeding and bottle feed at the same time. The price here in Manila is actually cheaper than Avent. A set of three in SM's Baby section is around Php1300 (you get one bottle free as part of their promotion/ being offered only while supplies lasts). Look below, isn't this chubby bottle cute!?? :) But I am a still bit hesitant to get this brand as well because I don't know anyone who've tried using it.


Last among my top picks is
Gerber's Gentle Flow feeding bottles. I found a mompreneur on-line who sells a set of three for only Php800. Good deal right?! But I am still having the price checked in the US though- for comparison. I might end up with these bottles already. It's BPA-free and a lot more cheaper than my two other choices. I ws told that these bottles are even better than Avent. I love the colors too! :) very baby and so dainty! :P


Photo Credit: www. amazon.com

Informative Post about the effects of Bisphenol-A (BPA)

No comments: