Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sidcor Sunday Market

There's something about weekend markets that makes me really excited. I actually prefer going to these bazaars and "gulay tiangge" than going to crowded malls on weeekends. It's so nice to learn about so many local produce form different regions. I like buying home-made natural products as well.

I went to Sidcor with my mother-in-law and two titas last Sunday. We arrived Eton Centris (Sidcor's new location) at around 6:30am. I am quite surprised to see how organized it is now compared to my last visit when it was still located in Lung Center in Q.C. The lanes are better than the uphill and muddy walkways of the old Sidcor, easier to walk especially for preggy moms like me :) Nothing's changde though- the market is still packed and very crowded. The parking is very limited so you really have to be there early.

My great finds last Sunday!


wild berries and local cherries from Benguet's Raw Wild Honey


fresh and organic veggies also from Benguet's Raw Wild Honey
( 0917-7545631/ 0919-3000505)
I learned from Nida Danao that they are actually supplying some of goolai's salad ingredients.


fresh basil @ Php15/"guhit" =) I got about 10"guhit"!
I made some fresh pesto sauce last night for pasta and dips. I was able to make 2 big bottles! Big savings instead of buying those bottled basil in the grocer. After dinner, I tried making some hot herbal tea (to that of sonya's, hehe). I boiled the basil and added some freshly squeezed dalandan fruit and honey! very relaxing!

fresh lumpiang ubod @ 3pcs for Php100

wasn't able to get the name of the vendor but I am definitely going back. I ate this for lunch last Sunday and it was indeed very filling. a piece is really huge! it's veggies, so it's healthy :)

my current favorite. i'm a fan of fresh juices. no, no to the powdered juices from the grocer! it's all sugar, believe me ;-) these juices are very refreshing and healthy.

Malunggay Citrus Squeeze @ Php15/cup.

fresh carrot juice (sugar-free) @ 35/pc or 3bottles for Php100

met Ginoong Bukid there too! He's selling freshly baked local breads form Panaderya ni Gng. Bukid -no preservatives. My loots: pandesitos (cute little pandesal) for Kian @ Php70/bag
and Honey Wheat Bread @ Php110/loaf. I am yet to try their best sellers- maja blanca and leche flan after giving birth ( I am trying to regulate my sugar now that I am nearing d-day)

Santol from Bacolod @ Php40/kilo

my husband's only request when I go to the market- local Filipino kakanin.
we got him sapin-sapin, brown puto and kutsinta (Kuya loves this also)

There's so much to buy there. We didn't finish all the lanes anymore coz it was literally -a lot!!! we got tired and hungry :D will probably go back soon, i'll be exploring the plants, herbs and veggie booths.


No comments: