Tuesday, December 12, 2006

points to ponder

I received my kerygma mailed newsletter last Monday and its only today that I had the chance to read everything. I am always amazed by how God usually taps my shoulder in every way possible... church homilies, emails, movies/shows that I watch or books that I read... Like these texts that I read through today...

" If you aren't succeeding, be magnanimous enough to accept defeat and retreat. Forgive yourself for your mistakes, for things you should have done and didn't do, for what you said and should't have said... Go to confession, ask God for pardon and He will pardon you..."

"Then change your gameplan. In other words, change the things that are making you a failure-- bad habits, negative thinking, or plain and simple laziness.."

Next, recharge. Draw strength from God's word, from elders and trusted friends who can help you sort things out and relieve you from your stressors."

Then, when you've fully recovered, you can go back to the battlefield of life and fight your good fight..."

I can't help but reflect on this... Admittedly, I am still hurt by a number of events that happened in 2006. I leave everything to the Lord as I ask now for forgiveness, strength and guidance...

No comments: