Thursday, July 19, 2007

cool run


I always wanted to run and jog but my strength is not that cooperative. I palpitate and have a hard time breathing and so I end up just walking. I want to be healthy and lose weight but nonetheless I easily get tired. I end up getting turned-off. So I settled with my relaxing walks inside Ateneo campus.



I was surfing the net when I came across this site for a Running Plan. It is specifically designed to help beginners get used to running. I am quite excited to try it and I hope this will work better so I will be more strong and be able to run religiously.

This is a 9-weeks program that I have to do three times a week. No more, no less. The program is interesting as it doesn't require you push yourself too much. You just have to be consistent and be motivated enough.Oh I forgot! Discipline is much needed I guess.
I plan to start the program next week. I'm crossing my fingers xx.

Week 1: 5mins warm-up walk/alternate 60sec jog & 2mins walking/ total 20mins
Week 2: 5mins warm-up walk/alternate 90sec jog & 2mins walking/ total 20mins
Week 3: 5mins warm-up walk/2reps of 90sec jog/90 sec walk /jog 3mins/walk 3mins
Week 4:
5mins warm-up walk/3mins jog/ 90sec walk/ 5mins jog/2.5mins walk/
3mins jog/
90sec walk/ 5mins jog
Week 5:
5mins warm-up walk/5mins jog/3 mins walk/5mins jog/3mins walk/5mins jog
Week 6:
5mins warm-up walk/5mins jog/3mins walk/8mins jog/3mins walk
Week 7:
5mins warm-up walk/jog 25mins
Week 8:
5mins warm-up walk/jog 28mins
Week 9:
5mins warm-up walk/jog 30mins

*this program should be followed 3X a week for 9 months.
Source: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

No comments: