Tuesday, July 03, 2007

not so far away


We went to Caylabne Bay Resort in Ternate, Cavite for our post-summer company outing. The place is about 2 hours away from Manila. Not bad for a nearby getaway. I was a bit weary if the resort was good enough to satisfy our employees' expectations but I figured we can do away with it. I prepared games for everyone to enjoy and I made sure that the resort food was good. Being a food-lover myself, I am more concerned about the resort more than the beach :D

The resort is a very private getaway I must say. It is very secluded and when I said that, I meant it literally. The place is not accessible to public vehicles. The buses and other public vehicles coming from Manila are only until Ternate town proper which is still about 30-40 minutes away from the resort. I was curious enough so I asked the guard from the entrance if trikes can get in from the town proper but it will cost you 300-400 pesos to hire a trike to bring you in. Expensive but fair enough, the trikes won't have passengers on their way back to the town proper.

The road going to the resort is very complicated. My officemate said that it was worse when she went there 3 years ago. At least now, the roads were cemented for the convenience of their guests. The security is very tight because you will have to go through two stops before finally entering the resort proper. Our things were checked because guests are not allowed to bring in food nor beverage. Funny that when I read our entry slip, the bananas that I brought for the games were specified on the list. That was when I assumed that the resort food were expensive.


The rooms were big but not ok. It is suite type meaning there's a sala and a kitchen that weren't very useful since guests are not allowed to bring in food. So rule is, you have to go to El Patio (clubhouse near the beach) when you feel like eating. The good part is, even if teh rooms were old and outdated, they were clean enough. I didn't catch anyone sneezing :P No cockroach, no insects, no creepy whatsoever.

The service & assistance of the staffs were good. One staff welcomed our group with juice drinks and shell necklaces ( <-- im wearing them in my photos :D )





The food served to us was excellent except for the dessert. Buffet meals were already included in our package and surprisingly the food were more than enough for everyone. In short, "di nila kami tinipid". Sorry friends, I have no photos of the food. Its either I was recharging my cam battery or I was busy eating the crabs!:D


We played games on the first day. Everyone enjoyed the obstacle course, sack race, tug of war and kayak race. (view more photos @ regenttravel.multiply.com) I prepared simple tokens for the winners. Well thought of. I got them sports tumblers, coffee mugs, towels, small pillows.

Overall, it was worth the trip & experience. And I can even recommend it to friends and families who want to go on a quick getaway from the city stress. (http://caylabne.com.ph)

Oh by the way, there's hardly a mobile signal inside.You have to go near the beach area to be able to catch one :D



No comments: