Saturday, July 25, 2009



Our little boy at two weeks :)

We went to his pedia last Wednesday for his scheduled BCG shot. The daddy is not so friendly with needles so he had to excuse himself out of the room during the shot. Everything went well. Baby Kian gained 1lb from the time of his birth. Our pedia said, babies normally lose weight in the first two weeks of their lives. I got a little worried kasi why parang di sya tumaba. I am worried that my breastmilk might not be enough but according to the doctor the sweet pea is very well and healthy - so I don't have to worry about anything.

Breastfeeding challenge.

I was a bit worried that he wouldn't latch properly when we were still at the hospital but I am trying my very best because I really want him to get enough milk. When we got home, he learned how to latch! Lo and behold! He wouldn't stop. My breast were sore and my nips cracked already. Supportive hubby would massage while I breastfeed. My mom bought a Tommee Tippee breast pump for me to use while I rest and let my sore breast heal. Hehe! parang major event everytime mag-feed si baby! :D I also asked help from my mommy friends over the week and I am very thankful for the very informative and useful advise that they gave me. And truly this is all about relationship with your little one. Now, Kian already learned to latch properly and I am not that hurt anymore.

Kian's ride.

The parents were excited to buy a stroller this week. There were so many good and expensive brands to choose from at Baby & Co. -if only we have a deep well of money then we will definitely not think twice about getting brands like Quinny or Mclaren. These are really good brands. But as parents, we have to save up for the rainy days so we had to say NO to to these 20k worth of strollers. We were also looking into other brands like Chicco or Graco. They have strollers that costs less than 10k. Not until this new brand caught our eyes! Goodbaby Strollers are manufactured in China but are distributed worldwide - mostly in the US and European countries. I asked hubby to check it it out. Of course, we wouldn't want to compromise our little tod's safety so we had to make sure :) Looks safe and good to us. We got the red! We're planning to go back for the car seat later on.

No comments: