Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Books & Sunday Cooking

Kyle loves Geronimo Stilton books. He always ask us to buy him one as a prize/gift whenever he gets good grades in school. I'm glad that my little boy's school encourages their students to read books too. The school usually have Book Fairs and Kyle's always excited about this :)


I am excited about this novel.I so want a copy of this book but it was out of stock in Powerbooks or Fully Booked most of the time. Husband bought me The Time Traveler's Wife book last Friday. Thanks! thanks! :) Oh, I learned that there's a movie coming out on December 2008. I'm excited! I hope I can start reading this weekend. :)

* * * * * *
Sunday cooking at home. Ilocano food is really good. I tried making my own version of "dinakdakan". A famous Ilocano dish. This is grilled pork meat marinated in mayo dressing and garnished with lotsa onions and chillies! Genuine Ilocanos usually use pig's brain for marinade but I don't think my husband can handle that. :D My papa taught me to substitute that ingredient with mayo. It tastes good too! Gerry's Grill I think included this in their menu recently.

All-time favorite Ilocano Pakbet. One of the few veggie dishes that my husband loves. It's been months since I last went home to Ilocos. If there's one thing that I miss about the place apart from my family & friends - is Ilocano Food. I miss Ilocos empanada ,bagnet and garlic longganisa from Batac. I miss adobo bagbagis from San Nicolas. I miss kaldo from Mg Opring's kubo beside our house. I miss Dawang's dinuguan and sarabasab. I miss native bibingka from Marsha's Vigan. I miss that special homemade tupig that my mom orders from an old lady in Currimao. I miss inartem. I miss that bbq and isaw that me & my brothers buy in Badoc town every afternoon.I miss our neighbor's kilawin. I miss my mama's igado and kaldereta. Oh food! Naimas latta! :P

6 comments:

Trishy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trishy said...

tinsky! the dinakdakan and pinakbet look good.. yummy! =) ilokano food is the best talaga.. =)

Anonymous said...

girl, you made me hungry and i just had lunch a few minutes ago! ha ha. i love igado and tupig, these are my favorites. the best ang igado ni papa. naimas!

tinsky10 said...

superfriend! my mama's igado is very good also.one of my favorites kasi di ko alam gawin at lutuin.hehe!super sarap!you like pala tupig?now i know what to give you next time:)

tsk, food :D

Random Thoughts said...

hay, I wish I had your talent for cooking. Goodluck na lang kay Joel because he married a woman who knows nothing about cooking! =( Buti na lang magaling magluto si Joel.

yep, tin, feel free to link me up! =)

Anonymous said...

I heard good reviews about the book. I can't wait to get my copy too. :)