Saturday, August 16, 2008

barcino



I read about Barcino Gourmet a long time ago but it was only two Saturdays ago when I finally tried it with my husband and some cousins. Unplanned.

Located along Julia Vargas in Ortigas, this Spanish deli reminds me so much of my favorite Galileo Enoteca. The ambiance and how the place is presented is so much alike. Limited tables, wine cellars around, sweet & cozy :)

I ordered the mexican salad which was A LOT! I ended up taking home half of what I ordered. Jp ordered the shrimp nuggets which he said was not so great. Nina ordered the callos & Ponch tried this ground beef in olives. Both ok. We loved their chorizo platter! The wine is good but we still love Galileo's Lambrusco more :D

Our damage in Barcino was quite high compared to that of how much we'd usually spend for Galileo. Me & my husband usually craves of their set meals there because we get to try a little bit of what the deli' specialty menus. From cheeses to cold cuts to pasta, and we get one round of house wine for free too! Nevertheless, Barcino is worth a try. We will definitely go back for their chorizos. :)



Barcino Spanish Wine Deli is located at 2nd Level City Golf Plaza, Julia Vargas Avenue, Mandaluyong. You can call 632) 636-2963 for reservations.

No comments: