Friday, August 01, 2008

on SPICES & FLAVOURS

Walking inside this small shop outside Market, Market (Fort, Taguig) is amazing. Bottles of spices that you can't usually find in regular supermarkets are all here (hidden). This is such a WOW! Overwhelming. This is just just a perfect place to go to if you are someone who loves to experiment in your menus/ recipes. From Italian , Greek, Mexican, Thai spices that will add flavor to your dishes. THIS will definitely make your day.

The place is just small but every space is maximized. When you enter the entrance to your right, are rows of bottled loose tea leaves which you can buy in grams. From fruity tea flavor apples and orange to flower teas like rose. Don't you just love that?

From regular basil down to neverheard herbs and expensive kaffir lime leaves and dried chillies. It's all here :)


These are sugar crystals that are use to sweeten your cup of coffee and tea. They have sugar crytals in cinnamon sticks also for a aromatic flavor. I love!


This set of teapots are for sale too but I already have a number of sets at home so I had to just let go of this one. A must-have & good investment at home if you are a tea-lover.

I had the chance to visit Spices & Flavours years back with a special friend with whom I share my passion for cooking and good food. I wasn't into blogging yet at that time so no chance for me to spread the good find with on-line friends. I went back last week with Aj to check if it still exists. Now, I am happy to share this with my foodies :)
photo credit: pinkmonster

No comments: