Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mandarin Weekend

02/23-24

Our Ninang Gaye gave us vouchers for an overnight stay at Mandarin Oriental in Makati. Yahoo! Alone time for me and hubby once again! We were supposed to use it last Valentines but unfortunately rooms weren't available anymore when I called 2 weeks earlier to make a reservation. Too bad, I was too late! Its either that or they didn't want to accommodate freebies at that time huh!?? Being a travel agent, I am very careful in dealing with the people in the travel industry - that would be the hotels, airlines and resorts . For one, I need their good services and appropriate assistance as much as what my clients expect this from me. There were instances that I experience complaints from my clients regarding the inconsistencies of the hotel rules and assistance. And now, we had to experience the same thing when we were checking in last Saturday. You see, I had my vouchers delivered 3days prior our check-in date as advised by the resa who got our reservation. I had everything settled weeks before as I don't want any hassles anymore when we get there. I reserved under Mr & Mrs Pimentel so that would mean we are a "couple" right? And couples sleep together in one bed not twin beds right? Surprisingly, the girl from the front desk said that she could not provide us with one big bed, she was actually giving us twin beds! hahaha! I wanted to laugh out loud and cry at the same time. We were there supposedly there to make use of a honeymoon gift and the hotel was offering us twin beds?!! Naman!!! Uuwi nalang ako :) Good thing husband was very cool that day unlike me who got kinda impatient already. Of course, I did not accept the twin sharing rooms. So they asked us to wait for another 45mins because they had to have the room cleaned up. Ok, so there was an available room with one big bed contrary to what the Front Desk Officer said earlier. Tsk!

We went out to watch Vantage Point at Greenbelt while having our room prepared... and for me to cool down. That was one hassle not so welcomed when you are very excited to spend some alone time with your partner. Hay naku! :D


No comments: