Friday, May 02, 2008

A Day with Chef Heny Sison

This is Chef Heny Sison herself, the instructor for this one-day baking class that I attended yesterday. She was very casual and it was like having this class in your very own kitchen. It's like mommy teaching me her classic "kapampampangan" recipes. I cook but I don't bake. I love desserts. I've been wanting to learn how to bake but I don't have enough days and opportunity to engage on it because my time is mostly devoted to my work and family. My husband is all support this time, told him I want to try this out and maybe start a home based business later on :)

learned 5 basic cake recipes from this class :)

Chocolate Fudge with Fudge Frosting

Butter Cake with Butter Icing

Sponge Cake with Whip Cream Icing

Mocha Chiffon Cake with Mocha Icing

Lemon Chiffon with Boiled Icing



A career that I always wanted but due to the fact that going to a culinary school is very expensive and I have other important financial responsibilities, I have to set this aside for now. Hopefully when my little boy gets older, I can still pursue this career.
It's not bad to dream after all :)


http://www.henysison.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello mother, we are on the same boat. i want to study baking further, but due to family and a little baby girl and other financial responsibilities lalo mahal din mga classes, we are not able to pursue it fully. hay :( siguro next time...hey comment naman and feedback on the course you took sa basic cakes & icings for beginners. did u learn a lot ba? marami bang tips na teach?

what else did you take from heny na you can suggest?

u may email me at: bglasper@gmail.com

Louella said...

hi!
the pictures are delectable - especially the mocha cake (it's my favorite!) actually i want to bake one this weekend but haven't got credible recipes. are you open to sharing the recipe? my email address is louella_paranal@yahoo.com. have a great day!