Monday, May 05, 2008

Sunday Cooking

(l-r) my mom, friend Tricia, Kyle, Jp & mother in law

I love Sundays.

I invited my mom, brothers and my friend Tricia who is in the city for her NCLEX review
to have lunch with us yesterday . I get to practice my cooking only on weekends when Manang Linda, our cook is on a day-off. On a daily basis, I only prepare our weekly menu and she'll manage to prepare it very well and delicious for us.

My mom cooks so good and I hope to learn and master all her recipes. She's a "kapampangan" so her menus are very "pinoy". She cooks kaldereta, bulalo, sinigang, karekare very well. My friends who have tried her cooking will always leave the house with a thumbs up! One of our favorites at home is her buttered garlic prawns. Very Yummy! I included that in my menu last Sunday , only I made it spicy. The family said its sarap :)- except that it had too much sauce (husband said , mukhang spaghetti daw huhu) I guess I got too excited with the sauce recipe :D Nevertheless, everyone were busog and satisfied:)


Spicy Garlic Buttered Shrimps -tried mom's recipe :)

Peppered Rosemary Marinated Grilled Porckchop

Sweet & crispy indian mangoes. My mom's pasalubong from Ilocos.
My all time favorite fruit! perfect with sweet & spicy bagoong!

Creamy chicken & corn soup - Yaya Mila's contribution hehe!

These are the things that I love most about married life. Everyday is a challenge and inspiration. I feel happy seeing my boys very excited too! :)

Can't wait to start my baking :)

No comments: