Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Angelati Italia


My husband & I were doing our last minute shopping for Kyle's school shoes when we bumped into this gelato stall at the ground floor of SM Megamall. I was a bit curious so we stopped. I even had some blooper exchange of words with the server. I asked if this is the same as Amici, the gay server laughed and defensively answered.. "Hindi po noh, kalaban namin yun! nag seserve kami sa hotel, sila hindi kasi di sila makapasok" The gay's so funny! Pahiya tuloy ako:D

They have a number of interesting offers. The server asked us to try two of their bestsellers: Blueberry Cheesecake & the classic Chocolate Obsession. Both good but we ended up trying two different flavors instead. My husband got the Choco Banana Peanut Butter and I tried the Honey Pepita. Both good! :) At P70/scoop, the gelatos are superb! Very rich, creamy and very flavorful. Their ad says gelatos are low fat, I wonder if this is really true??!

I've tried gelato ice cream in Pazzo (Powerplant Mall, Rockwell) few years back when I was still in college and I loved the Pistachio flavor. It's good to have found someplace nearer for such cravings! :)

I am not too familiar what differs a gelato from a regular ice cream. What I am aware of is that gelatos are more pricey. We've settled with FIC brand at home. Affordable and creamy too. I so love the strawberries & cream flavor, Kyle loves plain vanilla or chocolate (nothing fancy) , husband loves vanilla (too!) and ube macapuno or dulce de leche, my mother in law love their coffee flavored ice creams. I found this (photo below) that briefly explains the 3 distinct differences of Gelato & Ice Cream.
Angelati Italia is a joint venture of two sisters who share the same passion for gelatos. Read inspiring story here.

Photo Credit & more infos from this site.

No comments: