Monday, June 30, 2008

Frank

I went to Zambales for a supposedly company outing/team building two Saturdays ago. It was the same weekend that typhoon Frank hit our country. Many people died and it was really sad. Our office rented half of Punta de Uian but it's frustrating that everyone ended up staying inside the rooms waiting for the haevy rain to stop. It was already raining when husband brought me to the office that morning but it became sunny when we were in Subic. The moment we arrived at the resort, it began raining. In the afternoon, electricity was out already & it rained so hard. I missed Jp & Kyle... :( Some of my officemates played outdoor even if it was raining. I, on the other hand, read my book & waited for time. I wanted the day to end and wake up the next morning and go back home to Manila.

The next morning, we still played games before lunch but decided to end early so we can leave and travel back to Manila by lunch. We were advised that it was signal no 3 already. We got stranded for more than 3 hours. bored & worried. We heard bad news here & there.
Sulpicio lines ship sunk, a Dagupan bus mishap in nclex, floods everywhere in Manila, Mountaineers lost in Pundaquit (a nearby mountain from where we were staying). It was too much to learn/hear that day. I was really eager and desperate to get back home and be with my family. I arrived home past six already. I was very very tired. Husband and I heard mass, ate dinner really fast & slept. Not my typical weekend.

This photo is a view of the resort from our room. This is the only good photo of the resort that I was able to take. Punta de Uian is a nice place to go to. I still wish to go back on a summer and enjoy the place- hopefully with my family next time.

rainy sunset at Punta de Uian
(photo credit: CJCM)

No comments: