Monday, June 02, 2008

home cooking

One of my duties at home is to prepare our weekly menu. I usually send our "manang" every Mondays to do the marketing. I would love to do it but unfortunately I have work. This is a bit challenging to me because I don't want my family to be "sawa' with the food being served at home. I would love to cook also but I can't on weekdays because I usually get home past seven already. Good thing our manag linda is a very good cook. I can just write what I want ( or mostly what Jp, Kyle & my mother in law likes) and she will surely serve it right. I must say we are lucky because not all helpers can actually cook well. Some are willing to learn but most of the time, they are lazy to do so. Manang is with Jp's family for a long time already that's why she knows what my husband's taste from the main menu down to the dessert. I've been trying to be more creativewith my menu at home. I love food so I want everyone in the house to enjoy eating too:) Good thing, there are so many websites and blogs where you can actually research good recipes or maybe just get something to include in your menu. I don't usually follow the actual recipe. To make it more innovative, I sometimes try to substitute ingredients. Other than RaI have a few list of my favorite websites for my cooking :) AllRecipes, RecipeZaar, Rasa Malyasia, Italian Chef, Pinoy Food, Better Recipes. Apart from all these sites, I make do with my mama's recipes which has been the best and perfect so far :)

These are a few of what my mama cooked during our weekend at Tagaytay. We love the shrimps in coconut milk, bulalo &n and Ginataang halo-halo. The fresh fruits were bought in Tagaytay.

No comments: